Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Dinner with Luke


My son and I had dinner tonight. Out. In a restaurant. I ordered corned beef and cabbage. He ordered the salmon. I know.

After I told him I wanted to lose 40 pounds, he told me to start a website or a blog and invite my friends to go along with me for support and for validation. He said he just read a Times article that reported more consistent success among people who included others in their planned goals. I told him I wanted to take the next six months to lose the weight. He said I should go home tonight and start the site.

So, here I am. Doing this with only a few people who I feel will be nothing less than supportive. You're welcome to join me, too. I will not post any starting or ending weight, nor will I drive myself or you crazy by reporting inches lost. But, hey, if the news is good, I'll be reporting up a storm.

That's all I've got. Today is Thursday, January 19, 2012. By June 19, 2012, I aspire to be 40 pounds lighter. Day one.

1 comment:

  1. Woo-Hoo! Sounds like a grand idea. I'd like to do maybe half as much by June 19th....
    I will support you and will follow your progress every step of the way.
    By the way, I love that picture of you- cooler than cool! I have the hardcopy of it sitting right here on my desk.

    ReplyDelete